[horde] Problem with Horde_IMAP_Client-2.8.0

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Thu Mar 28 15:39:15 UTC 2013

Citeren Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> Quoting Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>:
>
>> Citeren lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:
>>
>>> on one of our Servers a pear upgrade showed
>>> Horde_IMAP_Client-2.8.0 yesterday. After install deleted mails
>>> (marked as deleted) sometime come back automatically as it looks
>>> like at screen refresh. Is this a known bug and the reason why
>>> 2.8.0 is not offered as a update today??
>>
>> I'm seeing something similar. The status of the 'seen' flag in IMP
>> does not always match the state of the flag in IMAP. So while the
>> Virtual Inbox may be empty, in the mailfolders messages may be
>> marked as 'unseen'. With ActiveSync, I see messages being reported
>> as 'unseen' despite having read them (and synced back, looking at
>> the flags on the IMAP server).
>
> FWIW, this sounds exactly like an issue I was having as well. After
> a thorough cleaning of the cache, I haven't seen this again.

So this should be fixed after running 'horde-clear-cache'? I'm a bit
confused here, since the behaviour I'm seeing only happens with
messages received *after* upgrading Horde_Imap_Client to 2.8.0, so I
expected that if there are cache related issues, this would happen for
messages which arrived *before*. I'll try clearing the cache anyway
and report back the results.