[horde] Problem with Horde_IMAP_Client-2.8.0

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Thu Mar 28 20:12:24 UTC 2013

> Quoting Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>:
>
>> Citeren lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:
>>
>>> Zitat von Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> But anyway "horde-clear-cache" does not solve the problem...
>>
>> Indeed, it doesn't.
>
> FWIW, horde-clear-cache won't do much if you are not running it as
> the owner of the PHP process (e.g. nobody).
>
>> I ran 'horde-clear-cache', disabled APC, restarted memcached and
>> apache. Yet the first new message that arrived suffered from the
>> same problem. It must have something to do with caching, because
>> the IMAP server clearly indicates that as soon as I read the
>> message on an ActiveSync client, the message is marked as 'seen'.
>
> Can't reproduce here.  Nobody has really given me anything to even
> start looking at either (i.e. what they are doing in IMP to cause
> these issues).
>
> And if using activesync, you should disable that to determine where
> the problem is occuring (IMP code, activesynce code,
> horde_imap_client code).
>
> michael

Okay, will try best to explain. No Activesync here, but a setup like this:

Ubuntu 12.04 + PostgreSQL + Dovecot + Latest Horde/IMP (beside
Horde_IMAP_Client)
All is working fine, but as soon as Horde_IMAP_Client 2.7.2 is
replaced by 2.8.0 we got the following trouble:
Marking a Mail as deleted first shows the expected result. After
moving forward eg. "leaving" the mail alone with the next refresh the
mail is not marked as deleted anymore, so it looks like the "deleted"
flag either doesn't hit the IMAP server at all or is toggeled by some
caching. This happens reproduceable with only replacing 2.7.2 with
2.8.0 and vanish as soon as going back to 2.7.2.
Dovecot is Version 2.0.19 and imapproxy is used. The backend is set
with cache=true.

Any pointers where to debug this?

Regards

Andreas