[horde] Problem with Horde_IMAP_Client-2.8.0

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Mar 28 23:06:49 UTC 2013

Quoting lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:

>>> Okay, will try best to explain. No Activesync here, but a setup like this:
>>>
>>> Ubuntu 12.04 + PostgreSQL + Dovecot + Latest Horde/IMP (beside
>>> Horde_IMAP_Client)
>>> All is working fine, but as soon as Horde_IMAP_Client 2.7.2 is
>>> replaced by 2.8.0 we got the following trouble:
>>> Marking a Mail as deleted first shows the expected result. After
>>> moving forward eg. "leaving" the mail alone with the next refresh
>>> the mail is not marked as deleted anymore, so it looks like the
>>> "deleted" flag either doesn't hit the IMAP server at all or is
>>> toggeled by some caching. This happens reproduceable with only
>>> replacing 2.7.2 with 2.8.0 and vanish as soon as going back to
>>> 2.7.2.
>>> Dovecot is Version 2.0.19 and imapproxy is used. The backend is
>>> set with cache=true.
>>>
>>> Any pointers where to debug this?
>>
>> Clear your cache and use the IMAP debug log (see
>> config/backends.php).  Probably best to open up a ticket so that
>> the debug log can be attached there.
>>
>> michael
>
> Ok, will try that. Funny enough on a second server with basically
> only Cyrus (2.2.x) instead of Dovecot it works as expected.

You can try this also.  Line 3077 of Horde_Imap_Client_Socket:

from:

         if (empty($options['unchangedsince'])) {
             $silent = !$this->_debug->debug;

to:

         if (empty($options['unchangedsince'])) {
             $silent = false;

There might be a bug in older versions of Dovecot that is not
correctly outputting the flags status -- if CONDSTORE is enabled,
which is must be to do flag caching, the SILENT value must be ignored.
  But it is possible that this is broken on certain servers.

michael