[horde] Can't authenticate with Activesync

Michael Wisniewski wisniewski at mwiz.org
Mon Apr 1 16:28:50 UTC 2013

I've been battling getting Activesync working, and I believe I broke
it again.  I had it working, but then I deleted my device and tried to
recreate it, and can't.

On my android phone, my device says invalid password when trying to do
a manual configuration.  If I try to visit the web page
<domain>/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml, I get a pop that says "Horde
ActiveSync", but my username and password do not work.

In my authentication backend, I have "let a horde application handle
authentication" using imp.  I can get into imp just fine and
everything works in there through the web interface.  It just seems
like activesync doesn't want to authenticate.

In my apache config, I have...

Alias /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync /var/www/webmail/rpc.php
Alias /autodiscover/autodiscover.xml /var/www/webmail/rpc.php
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_MS_ASPROTOCOLVERSION:%{HTTP:Ms-Asprotocolversion}]
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_X_MS_POLICYKEY:%{HTTP:X-Ms-Policykey}]
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

Thank you in advanced for help.
mike