[horde] AS email not current

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Apr 13 06:38:11 UTC 2013

Quoting Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:

>>> OK, more work... and some promising errors that I have not seen before.
>>>
>>> I again removed the account, and reset everything. Added me on the
>>> iPad. I am not logged into Horde anywhere.
>>>
>>> A fresh empty Horde log (not AS device log) set to WARN level has this:
>>
>>> 2013-04-13T04:53:19+00:00 WARN: HORDE [horde] PHP ERROR: Invalid
>>> argument supplied for foreach() [pid 17526 on line 284 of
>>> "/usr/share/pear/Horde/ActiveSync/Request/Settings.php"]
>>
>> This is (mostly) harmless, but still needs to be fixed. Not the
>> cause of your issue.
>>

>>> 2013-04-13T04:53:50+00:00 WARN: HORDE [horde] PHP ERROR: min():
>>> Array must contain at least one element [pid 17565 on line 263 of
>>> "/usr/share/pear/Horde/ActiveSync/Folder/Imap.php"]
>>
>> Ah-ha! This was actually already fixed, but only for Horde 5.1 and
>> didn't make it into FRAMEWORK_5_0 for some reason. I've
>> cherry-picked the commit back. You can see the changes here:
>>
>> https://github.com/horde/horde/commit/28dd1af8ff9f84169c59de119191babe164be4f2#framework/ActiveSync/lib/Horde/ActiveSync/Folder/Imap.php
>>
>> if you'd like to test it before the next bugfix release goes out.
>> Going to try to fix some other minor things before I release Yet
>> Another Release.
>>
>>> I have 69 messages in my Inbox. There are 69 Array errors. Also
>>> the foreach error.
>>>
>>> Simon.
>>>
>>> PS - with it set to WARN level why am I seeing NOTICE level entries??
>>
>> I'm fairly certain this was fixed not too long ago in either
>> Horde/Core or Horde/Horde.
>> --
>> mike
>>

> Thanks Mike. I applied that fix to my Imap.php, and yes it removed
> the Array element errors from the log. Did not fix the problem
> though - "m";a:0 still persists in every instance, and emails
> deleted elsewhere persist in the iPad.
>
> :(

Bummer. You are sure you are running the latest stable code?

> 2013-04-13T06:12:33+00:00 WARN: HORDE [horde] PHP ERROR: Invalid
> argument supplied for foreach() [pid 26909 on line 284 of
> "/usr/share/pear/Horde/ActiveSync/Request/Settings.php"]

What is really weird is that *none* of my test clients (including
numerous iOS devices) *ever* issue a SETTINGS request with a
GETUSERINFORMATION request. In other words, none of my test device
will ever touch this part of the code, which is why it was never fully
implemented. Still, not an immediate issue as it's not the cause of
your empty messages array.

Ugh. Time for bed.
--
mike