[horde] Horde Groupware Webmail in BitNami

beltran rueda borrego beltran at bitnami.org
Sat Apr 13 09:57:35 UTC 2013

 Hi all,

I'm Beltran from the BitNami project. As you probably know, Horde Webmail
won the latest contest thanks to the community votes. We are currently
working on creating installers, virtual machines and Cloud images with
Horde Webmail already configured with all the required dependencies.

We checked the Horde documentation and we checked that Horde can be
configured in multiple ways with different mail servers. We would like to
check what is the most popular configuration for Horde to adapt the
installers to that configuration.

The BitNami installers will not ship any mail server but we are thinking on
creating default configurations for the most popular ones. For example,
during the installation the user can select "GMail" so the Horde Webmail
application will be configured (SMTP and IMAP) to receive and send emails
using a GMail account.

We also want to include the most popular configurations, could you please
let us know other popular configurations for Horde Webmail application? Do
you have any suggestion to improve the BitNami installers configuration?

Regards,

Beltran