[horde] Why doesn't wicked use rampage_users?

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Apr 13 16:58:39 UTC 2013

> Quoting mrubinsk at horde.org:
>
>> Quoting Uttiya Chowdhury <chowdhury_uttiya at yahoo.com>> Hi all,
>>> the change_author in wicked_pages is a varchar. Why doesn't it use
>>> rampage_users user_id instead?
>>>

>>> | change_author   | varchar(255)     | YES  |     | NULL    |
>>>

>> The rampage tables are from the content system,  they do not store
>> information for all users.
>
> It can be used that way though - Trean does it. I think it's a
> reasonable idea.

What's the rationale behind this? Wicked doesn't already have a
dependency on Content. Trean, at least, is already using the Tagger.
Regardless, wouldn't it be better to be consistent across all
applications - where we almost universally use usernames, and not have
to separately maintain another user database and require another
database lookup to map the username?
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)