[horde] Autologin into Horde

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Apr 15 13:59:32 UTC 2013

Zitat von Michael Wisniewski <wisniewski at mwiz.org>:

> I understand there's security risks with automatic login with Horde,
> but how can this be accomplished?  I've tried to set the session
> settings timeout to something large (8640000), set the path to my
> webserver path (/webmail/), but everytime I close my browser, it
> continues to prompt me to login.  I also changed the maxlifetime of
> the cookies in my php.ini to 8640000.
>
> Is there something else I should be changing?  Is there an easier
> way to accomplish this?
>
> Thanks!

Looks like this was disabled with this commit:
https://github.com/horde/horde/commit/2bbd679136963508713b2868bfd6d3f6967773bb

I think Michael only thought of the timeout to be a setting to *limit*
the cookie lifetime below the browser session duration, not to
*extend* it beyond that.
--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project