[horde] How to improve waiting times for ajax requests?

Andreas Rieger andreas.rieger at zel.uni-hannover.de
Fri Apr 19 09:22:29 UTC 2013

Hi,

we recently upgraded from Horde 4 to Horde 5 and while we really enjoy the
new ajaxy interface we noticed that some parts of the system feel slower
than in H4.

Especially the display of the calendar events takes really long (as you can
see here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6900359/horde.jpg).

I'd assume this is an configuration issue, but at this point i am a bit
unsure how to further debug this. So i would be really glad for some
pointers, how to trace this problem.

The error logs don't show anything irregular and our Apache and Mysql
configs *should* be fine too. Switching to http didn't make a difference.
Furthermore, if i use the Api to fetch the events for a calendar the results
are displayed almost immediately.

So, what might go wrong?

Thanks,
Andreas