[horde] ActiveSync issue

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Apr 28 16:49:19 UTC 2013

Quoting Benedetto Vassallo <benedetto.vassallo at unipa.it>:

> Hi all,
> First of all I want to give you my congratuletions for the great
> work you've done with the horde 5 suite.
>
> I have installed horde in a cluster environment, with 6 webservers
> and 1 balancer (pound) and all works fine.
> I only have an issue on activesync, regarding smtp server.
> My smtp server is configured to accept ssl connections from
> everywhere, and to relay if the user authenticate himself before
> sending e-mails.
>
> When I configure ActiveSync to sync e-mails from horde, all works
> fine, but when the user try to send (or reply) an e-mail, my smtp
> server says "Relayng denied - Proper authentication required".
>
> It seems that the ActiveSync device don't send authentication
> informations to the smtp server before sending e-mail, even if I set
> "$conf['activesync']['hosts']['smtp']['popauth'] = true;" in the
> conf file.

The 'hosts' configuration array is only used when using the ActiveSync
server to serve (non-activesync) AutoDiscovery requests from Outlook
clients. It allows Horde to auto configure IMAP/POP/SMTP server
access. It's not used by ActiveSync clients.

Horde's ActiveSync server uses the mailer configuration from the
global horde configuration (the 'Mailer' tab).

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org