[horde] IMAP connection initiated for every click in the user interface

Luis Felipe Marzagao lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com
Tue May 7 23:54:24 UTC 2013

Em 01-05-2013 23:46, Michael M Slusarz escreveu:
> Quoting Adi Pircalabu <adi at ddns.com.au>:
>

>>> 3) You are using IMAP authentication. This is almost certainly not
>>> what you want.
>>
>> In the "Authentication Settings" page I have $conf[auth][params][app]
>> set to 'imp', which looks like it's using IMAP. We're trying to set up
>> Horde/IMP to access frontend Dovecot IMAP server
>
> This is correct.  Regardless, I think I misspoke here anyway. Even if
> using IMAP authentication, I believe we now cache the IMAP
> authentication results so the IMAP server is not pinged on every
> pageload (this is the way it used to work in some ancient version of
> Horde).

Hello:

I'm using Horde 5.0.4 and IMP 6.0.3.

We have IMP as auth application and dovecot as IMAP server.

A few clicks on the browser generates tons of login and disconnect
entries in my log files, like these:

May  7 20:49:22 mserver dovecot: imap(lfbm): Disconnected: Logged out
bytes=1546/1026
May  7 20:49:22 mserver dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<lfbm>,
method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, mpid=8369, TLS

and so on...

So I guess my IMAP server is being pinged on every page load and, thus,
I'm not caching IMAP auth results.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,