[horde] Whups (2.0.2) can't be installed

Christian Schulz christian.schulz at ewetel.net
Fri May 10 10:31:48 UTC 2013

>>> http://pear.php.net/manual/en/guide.users.commandline.installing.php
>>> I don't understand, what you want to tell me by the link.
>>> If you are pointing on the dependencies I tried pear install --
>>> onlyreqdeps horde/whups,
>>> Which ends with:
>>> [...]
>>> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Test, use --
>>> alldeps to download automatically
>>> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Test, use --
>>> alldeps to download automatically
>>> Duplicate package channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Auth-2.0.0 found
>>> Duplicate package channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Auth-2.0.4 found
>>> install failed
>>>
>> ^---- these last lines point you to the exactly what's wrong. You have a
>> duplicate packages installed (which are not even compatible with Horde
>> 4.0.16).
>>
>> Vilius
> Hello Vilius,
>
> It is a clean debian. There is nothing over pear installed yet.
> It is my first try on that virtual machine.
>
> Best Regards

New day, new virtual machine and again. :)
Debian 6 with PHP 5.3.3-7+squeeze15

I had tried to install Whups 2.0.2 over PEAR without any success.
It makes no difference if I try first to install horde 4.0.16 (pear
install horde/horde-4.0.16)
Duplicate package channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Alarm-1.0.8 found
Duplicate package channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Alarm-2.0.4 found
Duplicate package channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Date-2.0.5 found

or directly whups (pear install horde/whups):
Duplicate package channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Auth-2.0.0 found
Duplicate package channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Auth-2.0.4 found

Jan told me that is the way how PEAR tells me that it can't resolve the
dependencies.
Is there no way to install whups 2.0.0 over pear (any more)?

The alternative would be an installation of whups from git with the
newest horde 5 release?

Best Regards,

Christian Schulz