[horde] ftp login performed while not needed

Maciej Uhlig maciej.uhlig at us.edu.pl
Mon May 20 07:47:56 UTC 2013

My user community consists of users who have gollem disk and ones who
dont have one. While I was recently told dynamic permissions are not
possible in horde I tried to assign static permissions for gollem for
individual users who need access to disk filesystem. This of course
works but nevertheless there is a problem with this approach.

Namely, while gollem application has 'active' registry status, horde
tries to do ftp_login and user authorization even for those users who
don't have gollem disk (and permission to use gollem). This leads to
very long wait for horde screen display. ftp_login is called 8 times for
one login (yes) and it makes some 30 seconds extra to wait for login.

So, the idea is to check user permission to application first and then
make or not make different application arrangements depending on
permission check result.

Generally speaking, horde registry initialization should only be
performed for these applications which user has permission to use. What
do you think?

MU