[horde] Horde WX Block WorldWeatherOnline Changes

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Thu May 23 17:57:10 UTC 2013

This is mostly a "heads up" for now.  I will report more later as soon
as I figure out what changes will get Wwo working.

What we are using

- Horde 5.04 (latest debian package)
- Imp, Ingo, Turba, Kronolith all work great (LDAP auth, PgSQL) We
haven't tested Mnemo and Nag yet.

- I signed up yesterday at WorldWeatherOnline and got both Free and
Premium Access API keys

- In the Horde config I selected the World Weather Online provider,
entered the Free API key for $conf[weather][params][key] and accepted
the default cache lifetime, 21600 seconds (6 hrs)

Now when I log into Horde and edit my weather block with my location
(Huntsville, AL), refresh rate (every hour), units (English), and
Forecast Days (3), I get "Error, unable to decode response." on the web
page.  There is nothing in the horde logs (I have debug_level set to
E_ALL | E_STRICT)

I have access to the running source code and expanded the error report
to include the $url string that was being sent to wwo.

I found a couple of problems caused by some changes Wwo is making as
described here:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/world-weather-online/introducing-faster-more-efficient-and-even-more-reliable-services/451128854963809

I am currently experimenting with changes to
Horde/Service/Weather/Wwo.php to get this working.

--
Andy Dorman
FanMail.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is for the named person's use only.
It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
erroneous transmission. If you receive this message in error, please
immediately destroy it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or
indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.