[horde] Cannot write to cache directory /tmp

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Jun 4 18:36:04 UTC 2013

Quoting Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

> On 3 June 2013 15:20, Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:
>>
>> Quoting Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

>>> Great spot.  That's the second time a git pull has left me with a full
>>> disk - 500GB!..  After a reboot, I'm back to 12% or just under 50GB..
>>

>> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/12265
>
> Yes and no.  I'm sure you're right as you know much more about IMAP
> than I do, but my concerns are:
>
> 1) As you say in the ticket - it's amazing how many people are running
> around with "broken" imap servers - given the number of different IMAP
> servers that were mentioned, makes me concerned that it's not the IMAP
> server - but rather the way it's being spoken to.

It's not.  They are broken servers.  As stated in the ticket, it was a
regression in our code that caused these broken servers to cause
issues.  But there's no issues with the commands we are sending.

> Google seems to think
> this is a unclosed file handle.  If that's a Dovecot bug, I find it
> strange that I'm only discovering it now an b) that Timo hasn't fixed
> it yet..

As good as Timo is, he's not superhuman.  Bugs exist in everyone's
code (including ours).  I have found one in his 2.2.2 CATENATE
handling code that he hasn't yet fixed.  So this last bit is just
wrong and not useful in analyzing a bug report (i.e. "A bug must exist
in B because A is such good software").

michael