[horde] Kronolith API

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Jun 6 14:56:49 UTC 2013

> Zitat von Steve Jelfs <steve at trolltec.co.uk>:
>
>> I have an application that, among other things, allow users to create events
>> (diary items).  It has a web front end and an Oracle back-end.
>>

>> Ideally, I'd like to be able to get these events into Horde (via Kronolith)
>> if possible.  Is there an API I can use and if so can someone point me in
>> the right direction?  I've looked at the tables in mysql and can create
>> events using pure sql but is there anything that says this is a bad idea or
>> anything I should be aware of if I go down this route?

Alternatively, depending on your needs and infrastructure, you might
consider implementing the ListTimeObjects API in your custom app.
Essentially allowing Kronolith to "poll" your app and display it's
events read only in the Kronolith interface. More work than simply
importing them into Kronolith, but if you plan on continued use of
your custom app, it might be worth it.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)