[horde] saving ingo rules to sieve sieveserver fail

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Mon Jun 10 14:45:08 UTC 2013

On 06/09/2013 05:24 PM, Andreas Schulze wrote:
> Hello,
>
> after some pear updates I now noticed I can't update my sieve rules
> anymore.
>
> 2013-06-09T22:09:27+00:00 DEBUG: HORDE [ingo] Beim Aktivieren des
> Skripts ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Fehlermeldung des Treibers:
> Verbindungsaufbau abgelehnt [pid 1730 on line 27 of
> "/usr/share/php/Horde/Core/Notification/Handler/Decorator/Hordelog.php"]
>
> now: horde 5.1 from pear,, was working ~5 months ago.
>
> # cat horde/ingo/config/backends.local.php
> <?php
> $backends['imap']['disabled'] = true;
> $backends['sieve']['disabled'] = false;
> $backends['sieve']['params']['hostspec'] = '192.168.1.1';
> $backends['sieve']['params']['usetls'] = false;
> $backends['sieve']['params']['debug'] = true;
>
> the horde server can reach the sieve server (which is the same as the
> imap server):
> # telnet 192.168.1.1 4190
> Trying 192.168.1.1...
> Connected to server.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> "IMPLEMENTATION" "Dovecot Pigeonhole"
> "SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress
> comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include
> variables body enotify environment mailbox date ihave vacation-seconds"
> "NOTIFY" "mailto"
> "SASL" "PLAIN"
> "STARTTLS"
> "VERSION" "1.0"
> OK "Dovecot ready."
>
> I also set $conf['log']['priority'] = 'DEBUG' in horde/config/conf.php
> and enabled dovecot debug logging. But still no idea whats going wrong...
> Any hints?
>
> Thanks
> Andreas

Andreas, I am not an expert, but I thought it might help to compare
notes with an installation where sieve is working...

We are using Horde 5.04 with Ingo 3.03 and we do not have a separate
sieve backend defined.  We are using Cyrus IMAP as an "advanced" IMAP
server and can edit our sieve rules with no problem.

Here are all we have defined in our backends.local.php to enhance and
override the defaults in backends.php.

   $servers ['imap']['disabled'] = true;
   $servers ['advanced']['disabled'] = false;
   $servers ['advanced']['hostspec'] = $hostname;
   $servers ['advanced']['hordeauth'] = 'full';
   $servers ['advanced']['preferred'] = '';

I hope this helps.

--
Andy Dorman
FanMail.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is for the named person's use only.
It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
erroneous transmission. If you receive this message in error, please
immediately destroy it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or
indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.