[horde] Impossible to upgrade Webmail to latest version, pear doesnt see the latest release

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 16:41:24 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Steven Swarts <steven at swartsit.com> wrote:

> Quoting Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>> I have been trying
> to upgrade to the latest webmail version of Horde for
>
>> several weeks (if not months) and I cannot.  Basically, according to the
>> Horde's website instructions to upgrade from 4.x to 5.x, I should only
>> have
>> to run
>>
>> ***
>> pear upgrade -a -B horde/webmail
>> ***
>>
>> But I get:
>> ***
>> horde/webmail is already installed and is the same as the released version
>> 4.0.9
>> upgrade failed
>> ***
>>
>> Almost looks to me like "pear" couldnt see that there is a newest version
>> of Webmail out there.  From within the admin page of Horde, I click the
>> "Check for newer versions" button, and immediately it says "A newer
>> version
>> (5.1.0) exists.".  So I am confused. I tried upgrading php but it didnt
>> help either.
>>
>> Can anyone help with this unresolved issue??
>> Thanks!
>> --
>>
>>  What I do to upgrade is the following...
>
> pear upgrade -a -B -c horde
>
> It updates everything every time...
>
> Regards,
> Steven Swarts
> Swarts IT
>
> Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com> wrote:

I have tried your command, see the output below.  Its not working.  As it
was suggested to be, I also have tried to delete pear's cache and try
again, not working either.  Im clueless what to do next...

bash-4.1# pear upgrade -a -B -c horde
horde/horde_tree is already installed and is the same as the released
version 1.0.1
horde/horde_db is already installed and is the same as the released version
1.2.2
horde/horde_perms is already installed and is the same as the released
version 1.0.7
horde/horde_text_diff is already installed and is the same as the released
version 1.0.2
horde/horde_memcache is already installed and is the same as the released
version 1.1.1
[...]
horde/horde_browser is already installed and is the same as the released
version 1.0.9
horde/horde_pdf is already installed and is the same as the released
version 1.0.2
horde/horde_util is already installed and is the same as the released
version 1.4.0
horde/webmail is already installed and is the same as the released version
4.0.9
horde/horde_icalendar is already installed and is the same as the released
version 1.1.2
upgrade failed