[horde] Limit login to one domain

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Sun Jun 23 18:29:06 UTC 2013

Citeren Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

> On 23 Jun 2013 13:51, "Lucas | wb7.eu" <lg at wb7.eu> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am using Horde on a shared system and want to limit logins to the
>> domain example.com. The Login-Backend is imp over imap. I installed
>> Horde yesterday from PEAR.
>>
>> How I can limit the login-domain? For default usernames are
>> someone at domain.tld.
>
> You probably need to change your auth mechanism.
> http://wiki.horde.org/SQLAuthHowTo

Possible, but if the only think you're interested in is to allow
webmail service to people from the 'example.org' domain, just denying
authentication for all other domains should be enough. You can do this
without changing the imp authentication by adding a preauthenticate
hook in 'config/hooks.php'. See the example file.

> I imagine ldap will work similarly.
>
> The only way your imap server could control this is by denying a login from
> 127.0.0.1 for all the other domains.  Which may or may not work depending
> on your configuration and/or other services.

I wouldn't mess with the IMAP server here, unless you don't want
people to use IMAP by any means.