[horde] webmail updates

Gary witscher at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 02:22:00 UTC 2013

> Quoting Gary <witscher at gmail.com>:
>
>> I've install the webmail package. Now I see that there are updates
>> to some of it's apps available, but not specifically for webmail.
>> I'm wondering if it is OK to individually update these packages or
>> if doing so might somehow break future updates of webmail? Since
>> I've invested considerable time in my Horde installation and
>> configuration I'd rather not risk breaking future upgrades.
>
> You are most certainly seeing updates for individual libraries.
> These should be upgraded whenever possible, since they contain bug
> and security fixes.
>
> michael

To be more detailed, I see that Horde has gone from 5.1.0 to 5.1.1,
Imp from 6.1.0 to 6.1.2, and Kronolith from 4.1.0 to 4.1.1 (to mention
just a few) since I last upgraded webmail. However, when I run pear
upgrade -a -B horde/webmail I get the response: "Nothing to upgrade".

I see these available versions when I click on "Check for Newer
Versions" after opening the Administration/Configuration page. They
are listed under the column titled Applications. webmail is listed at
the bottom of this page as version 5.1.0 and as "Module is up-to-date."

13 of the lesser modules (no icons) list newer versions, while 7 of
the major modules (have icons) list newer versions. I don't see
anything listed as a library, although many of these could be just that.

I'd like to upgrade them all, but am unsure of the longterm
consequences. Which are libraries? Which are safe to upgrade?

TIA,
Gary