[horde] IMP: HTML editor - paste from word / Office /webpage doesn't work

Frank Richter frank.richter at hrz.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Jun 24 13:13:52 UTC 2013

Quoting Michael M Slusarz:

>> The problem here: As it worked in IMP4, our users complain ...
>
> And the problem here is that IMP 4 had GIANT holes that people could use
> to completely ignore any sort of compose message limitations.  That is
> much more important.

I understand the security issues. So the main goal is to eliminate all HTML
tags when pasting formatted text, right?

As I understand it this is currently done in
imp/js/ckeditor/pasteattachment.js calling stripTags()
         ev.data.html = ev.data.html.stripTags();

This is ugly, as removing the whitespaces / line breaks  disturbs reading.

I tried CKEditor's option forcePasteAsPlainText set to true:
http://docs.cksource.com/ckeditor_api/symbols/CKEDITOR.config.html#.forcePasteAsPlainText
    'CKEDITOR.config.forcePasteAsPlainText = true;' in
imp/lib/Script/Package/ComposeBase.php
(patch attached)

2'     -> better reading.
Dropping of images in CKEditor still works (which is very cool indeed!).

Then the 2 buttons in the toolbar - "Copy" and "Copy from Word" - could be
removed, as they won't work as expected.

Thanks,
Frank

--
Frank RICHTER