[horde] disable s/mime encryption only

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Jun 25 14:58:24 UTC 2013

Quoting Andreas Schulze <sca at andreasschulze.de>:

> Hi,
>
> I like to enable s/mime validation but hide the encryption option in
> compose windows.
>
> I tried in imp/config/conf.local.php
>
> $_prefs['use_smime']['value'] = 0;
> $_prefs['smime_verify']['value'] = 1;
> $_prefs['smime_verify']['requires'] = '';
>
> but no success.

This won't ever work though.  To allow S/MIME verification, S/MIME
features need to be activated.  I don't see a practical need to allow
individual S/MIME operations - this is just adding complexity to the
configuration for no real gain (almost everyone using IMP uses an
addressbook).

Not to mention that a user doesn't need an addressbook in order to
*sign* messages.  So that should be allowed, even if the addressbook
isn't available.

michael