[horde] Ansel gallery permissions

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Wed Jun 26 01:26:52 UTC 2013

Two things for Ansel permissions:

1. I have my preferences for Ansel set to:

When a new gallery is created, what permissions should be given to
authenticated users by default? Read-only
When a new gallery is created, what default permissions should be
given to groups that the user is a member of? None
When a new gallery is created, what permissions should be given to
guests by default? None

When I create a new Gallery, no-one else can see it. Set Permissions
on that gallery show everything empty. If I tick Show/Read for All
Authenticated Users, then they can view the gallery, as I would have
expected would happen by default from my Preference settings.

2. I have top-level Horde permissions set for Ansel as:

a:3:{s:4:"type";s:6:"matrix";s:6:"groups";a:1:{s:58:"cn=HordePhotosAccess,ou=hordegroups,dc=simonandkate,dc=lan";i:30;}s:5:"guest";i:6;}

Which is the group set to Show/Read/Edit/Delete, and Guest set to Show/Read.

Objective 1 is that all users can generate their own Galleries, delete
them if they want, and set permissions, which the Group access provides.
Objective 2 is I would like to be able for non-authenticated guests to
browse to https://mail.simonandkate.net/ansel/ and see the galleries
that Guests are allowed to see, and then able to browse those
galleries without logging in, which is what the Guest access should
provide.

When I set a gallery to All Authenticated Users Show/Read, and Guest
Permissions Show/Read, I cannot get access to that gallery without
logging in. https://mail.simonandkate.net/ansel/view.php?gallery=10
always bounces to Log in page, as does
https://mail.simonandkate.net/ansel/

What am I doing wrong? Changing permissions for Auth Users responds
immediately, so it's not caching somewhere... how do I get non-auth
access to guests?

Simon

--
Simon Wilson