[horde] Install Horde 5 fails with new server

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 21:28:04 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:

> Zitat von Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:
>
>  On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 8:25 AM, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:
>>

>>> Zitat von Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Ok I spoke with the folks on freenode's php channel and according to them

>>> Don't remove context/quotes if you reply to an older mail. I have no idea
>>> what your original problem was, and I don't have time to look it up in
>>> the
>>> archives.
>>>
>>> What you describe sounds like http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/**
>>> Admin/Troubleshoot#toc7<http:/**/wiki.horde.org/FAQ/Admin/**
>>> Troubleshoot#toc7 <http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/Admin/Troubleshoot#toc7>
>>> --
>>>

>> Sorry Jan for doing this.  I sent the email from my android phone and
>> had lost the initial email so I couldnt reply to the mailllist.  Anyways,
>> here's the last email.
>> Like I said, the issue seems to me more on the horde setup side than my
>> machine's config (php, pear, etc).  In the email below I am recapping the
>> steps one by one of what I did.  Look toward the middle where it downloads
>> webmail-5.1.0.tgz that is only 116KB.  Is it supposed to be that small?
>>

> Yes.
>
>  guess if its a downloading problem something is blocking or interrupting
>> the download (firewall, ISP, local servers) or Im doing something stupid
>> again.. ;)
>>
>>  Sorry for the lengthy email....  I added what I believe should be in the
>>> include_path of php.ini as suggested, but its not working.  I ran:
>>>
>>> restarted apache/php with the modified php.ini (include_path=
>>> ".:/php/includes:/usr/lib/php:**/usr/lib64/php/PEAR"
>>>
>>> pear uninstall horde/horde_role
>>> uninstall ok: channel://pear.horde.org/**Horde_Role-1.0.1<http://pear.horde.org/Horde_Role-1.0.1>
>>>
>>> pear uninstall horde/webmail
>>> uninstall ok: channel://pear.horde.org/**webmail-5.1.0<http://pear.horde.org/webmail-5.1.0>
>>>
>>> pear clear-cache
>>> reading directory /tmp/pear/cache
>>> 130 cache entries cleared
>>>
>>> pear channel-discover pear.horde.org
>>> Channel "pear.horde.org" is already initialized
>>>
>>> pear install horde/horde_role
>>> downloading Horde_Role-1.0.1.tgz ...
>>> Starting to download Horde_Role-1.0.1.tgz (10,977 bytes)
>>> .....done: 10,977 bytes
>>> install ok: channel://pear.horde.org/**Horde_Role-1.0.1<http://pear.horde.org/Horde_Role-1.0.1>
>>> horde/Horde_Role has post-install scripts:
>>> /usr/lib64/php/PEAR/Installer/**Role/Horde/Role.php
>>> Horde_Role: Use "pear run-scripts horde/Horde_Role" to finish setup.
>>> DO NOT RUN SCRIPTS FROM UNTRUSTED SOURCES
>>>
>>> pear run-scripts horde/horde_role
>>> Including external post-installation script
>>> "/usr/lib64/php/PEAR/**Installer/Role/Horde/Role.php" - any errors are
>>> in
>>> this script
>>> Inclusion succeeded
>>> running post-install script "Horde_Role_postinstall->init(**)"
> [...]
Someone on Linuxquestions.org had a brilliant idea to check where pear
think he lives:

pear config-show | grep 'PEAR directory'
PEAR directory                 php_dir          /usr/lib64/php

Which is correct.

Then that person suggested to find out where PHP looks for stuff:

php -r 'echo get_include_path() . PHP_EOL;'
.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/include/php:/usr/lib64/php/PEAR

Which includes the path(s) I entered in php.ini and ALSO the path where the
Horde directory inside PEAR is located (/usr/lib64/php/Horde)

Regarding the files that webmail-setup complains cannot be found (such as
Application.php), there are Application.php files under:

/usr/lib64/php/Horde/Autoloader/ClassPathMapper/Application.php
/usr/lib64/php/Horde/Core/Ajax/Application.php
/usr/lib64/php/Horde/Core/Auth/Application.php
/usr/lib64/php/Horde/Registry/Application.php
/usr/lib64/php/Cache/Application.php

But none in the webroot (/var/www/htdocs/horde) I entered during the "pear
run-scripts horde/horde_role" command.  Which command or script exactly
copies the files from the pear directory to the final webroot directory so
I can actually use Horde thru apache??

My Pear setup might be broken but if its the case its a whole lot of people
and a complete distro that is in trouble.  I have not changed pear and php
in any ways, its a fresh stock Slackware 14 install.