[horde] strange forced logout

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Fri Jul 12 10:40:12 UTC 2013

Please don't top-post.

Zitat von l.kiraly at madalbal.hu:
> Sometimes I got message about changed IP but not in every chase.
>
> Most of the time, horde just dropped me to the login page.
>
> Anyway I don't understand, what ip is changed?
> I only worked in horde, I didn't switched machine or network.
>
> Can you please clarify this for me?
>

> Idézet (Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>):
>
>> Zitat von l.kiraly at madalbal.hu:
>>
>>> Hi Jan,
>>>
>>> Yes, I tried with php session handler and with "Filesystem storage" too.
>>>
>>> I use horde through https squid proxy connection.
>>> I checked out the $conf[auth][checkip] and
>>> $conf[auth][checkbrowser] settings and it seems as if the problem
>>> has disappeared.
>>>
>>> I guess it was the checkip option, but I didn't see any message
>>> about bad ip addresses in the debug log.
>>
>> I'm not sure you would see it in the logs, but I definitely get a
>> logout message about a changed IP if this is what happens.
>>
>>> Best regards, László Király
>>>
>>> Idézet (Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>):

I've seen similar Horde behavior over a stressed link (i.e. when other
applications are flooding the server uplink). Maybe it's some
browser-side (AJAX) code that's waiting only a (too) short time? In my
case, we're talking about network-added delays of a few seconds (less
than 10).

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Jens