[horde] Install Horde 5 fails with new server

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 17:42:35 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 6:38 PM, Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de> wrote:

> in
> >>>>

> >> And do you have that file in one of those paths? If not, it doesn't
> matter
> >> what other people tell you, your include_path is still wrong, or your
> PEAR
> >> installation is still broken.
> >>
> >>  Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'PEAR/Config.php'
> in

> >> --
> >> Jan Schneider
> >> The Horde Project
> >> http://www.horde.org/
> >>

> > Someone on Linuxquestions.org had a brilliant idea to check where pear
> > think he lives:
> >
> > pear config-show | grep 'PEAR directory'
> > PEAR directory                 php_dir          /usr/lib64/php
> >
> > Which is correct.
> >
> > Then that person suggested to find out where PHP looks for stuff:
> >
> > php -r 'echo get_include_path() . PHP_EOL;'
> > .:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/include/php:/usr/lib64/php/PEAR
> >
> > Which includes the path(s) I entered in php.ini and ALSO the path where
> the
> > Horde directory inside PEAR is located (/usr/lib64/php/Horde)
> >
> > Regarding the files that webmail-setup complains cannot be found (such as
> > Application.php), there are Application.php files under:
> >
> > /usr/lib64/php/Horde/Autoloader/ClassPathMapper/Application.php
> > /usr/lib64/php/Horde/Core/Ajax/Application.php
> > /usr/lib64/php/Horde/Core/Auth/Application.php
> > /usr/lib64/php/Horde/Registry/Application.php
> > /usr/lib64/php/Cache/Application.php
>
> Are these files actually in these places yes or no? Are they readable
> for the user that runs the webmail script?
>
> If no: You are missing packages or files.
> If yes: maybe a caching issue. Can you run horde-autoloader-cache-prune
> (if installed).
>
> > But none in the webroot (/var/www/htdocs/horde) I entered during the
> "pear
> > run-scripts horde/horde_role" command.  Which command or script exactly
> > copies the files from the pear directory to the final webroot directory
> so
> > I can actually use Horde thru apache??
>
> There is no such command. Files are not copied around.
>
> > My Pear setup might be broken but if its the case its a whole lot of
> people
> > and a complete distro that is in trouble.
>

> --
> Ralf Lang
> Linux Consultant / Developer
> Tel.: +49-170-6381563
> Mail: lang at b1-systems.de
> B1 Systems GmbH
> Osterfeldstraße 7 / 85088 Vohburg / http://www.b1-systems.de
> GF: Ralph Dehner / Unternehmenssitz: Vohburg / AG: Ingolstadt,HRB 3537

> Ralf,  I think you misunderstood me.  Horde is set to be installed in
/var/www/htdocs/horde  (the APACHE WEBROOT) and NOT in /usr/lib64/....
This is at least what I told "run-scripts horde/horde_role"...

The files under /usr are all owned by root.  That will stay the same.  The
files under /var/www are all owned by apache.  Also will remain the same.

When I run the webmail-install command, it searches for
"/var/www/htdocs/horde/lib/Application.php"

root at lhost2:~# webmail-install
require_once(/var/www/htdocs/horde/lib/Application.php): failed to open
stream: No such file or directory in /usr/bin/webmail-install on line 17

But there are NO Application.php under "/var/www/htdocs/horde/lib".  The
command(s) supposed to generate the Application.php file as well as the
other missing files is the command that is failing.  Which command creates
the files in horde's final location??

But to answer your question, yes the files I mentioned above are there.

/usr/lib64/php/Horde/Autoloader/ClassPathMapper/Application.php
/usr/lib64/php/Horde/Core/Ajax/Application.php
/usr/lib64/php/Horde/Core/Auth/Application.php
/usr/lib64/php/Horde/Registry/Application.php
/usr/lib64/php/Cache/Application.php

The command "horde-autoloader-cache-prune" is not found on the system.

You said: " There is no such command. Files are not copied around."  If we
keep in mind that I entered /var/www/htdocs/horde to the "run-scripts
horde/horde_role", and that webmail-install indeed searches under that
folder, the horde located under that path (/var/www/htdocs/horde) should
indeed contain all of horde's files and folders, etc ??  Right?

As of now, this folder has only 20 items (files & folders) and weights only
57.7kB