[horde] Check for newer versions fails sometimes

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Sat Jul 13 09:00:23 UTC 2013

On the Configuration page, sometimes when I click "Check for Newer
Versions" it fails with a message "Could not contact server. Try again
later"

The server is fine, everything else is working fine, and this
functionality works fine some times... I have not been able to
identify anything specifically different about when it does work. If I
run "pear upgrade -a -p -c horde" on the server it runs fine, telling
me today that there is a hord_memcache update available.

Is the error the browser not able to get information from my Horde
server, or from my Horde server not able to contact the Horde Pear
server?

I put the logs to INFO level, and nothing was logged to correspond to
the error presented in the browser.

Simon

--
Simon Wilson