[horde] dovecot keywords for other users

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Jul 30 04:33:13 UTC 2013

Quoting Király László <l.kiraly at madalbal.hu>:

> Hi list,
>
> Does Horde support IMAP keywords for public mailboxes?

Yes.

> I can create and then see a new flag in imp, but if I change the
> user, I don't see the flag in that mail anymore.

Because flag labels are saved in the user's preferences.  These flags
won't be shown to other users UNLESS the 'show_all_flags' preference
is true.  But this is NOT recommended since these flags won't be
translated into the proper labels and/or can't show special characters.

This is a limitation of IMAP, since flags are limited to ASCII characters.

michael