[horde] Clarification of "User is not authorized for imp"

Kareem Dana kareem.dana at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 15:49:54 UTC 2013

Michael,

I think you are right here. I'm running horde 5 on a development system
before I deploy it to my users and I encountered this log entry just by
myself and I didn't understand what it meant. It was a bit confusing to see
"User is not authorized" even before any attempted login. Now I have a good
idea of why it is being logged though.

I think I may adjust where it is logged through my syslog configuration and
see how prevalent it really is. I just wanted a good understanding of why
that logging was taking place and what horde was doing. To be clear, yes I
do only get the log entry when I manually type in "/horde/imp". I guess
I'll find out how many of my users have bookmarked or get to it through the
browsers autocomplete. I may even try your solution above, although I doubt
anything more involved will be necessary at least for my site. Thanks again.

Best,
Kareem