[horde] Passwd Module - LDAP error, how to set userdn?

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Wed Jul 31 16:57:11 UTC 2013

On 07/30/2013 04:14 PM, Andy Dorman wrote:
> On 07/29/2013 04:44 AM, Hanns Mattes wrote:
>
> I expect I will be embarrassed when I know the answer, but I have a
> similar problem (Horde 5.1.1, passwd 5.0.0) except my domain does not
> dynamically change, so fixing this to regain password functionality
> should be easy... I thought ;-)
>
> passwd/backends.php says:
>
> // NOTE: to set the ldap userdn, see horde/config/hooks.php
>
> However, horde/config/hooks.php.dist has lots of info about connecting
> to LDAP servers to get information before and after logging in, but
> nothing that talks about setting parameters for an LDAP backend AFTER
> passwd/backends.local.php runs.
>

> http://www.horde.org/apps/passwd/docs/UPGRADING says:
>
> 2 Upgrading to Passwd 5.0
> 2.2 Hooks Configuration (hooks.php)
> The 'default_username' hook no longer receives a $user parameter.
> The 'userdn' hook has been removed. It can now be configured using the
> 'userdn' parameter in the LDAP driver configuration.
>
> However, I can not find WHAT LDAP driver configuration this is referring
> to. I have checked the web admin UI and grepped through all the config
> files, except for the note about NOT setting it in
> passwd/backends.local.php, there is no mention of "userdn" anywhere.
>
> So, I expect I am supposed to use one of the hooks in
> horde/config/hooks.php that receives a $userId input and have it set
> $backends['ldap']['params']['userdn'].
>
> So, can someone tell me WHICH hook would be called AFTER the
> passwd/config/backends.local.php is called? I need a hook that is called
> AFTER passwd/config/backends.local.php so
> $backends['ldap']['params']['userdn'] will not be clobbered when
> passwd/config/backends.local.php runs.
>
> Once I have this working I will pass back the necessary changes.
>
> Thanks,

I am sure I am doing something really, really dumb...but I do not know what.

I have tried twice now to add code to horde/config/hooks.php to set a
userdn in order to get horde/passwd working again.  In both cases below
I ended up with an empty value for $user and the LDAP call to update the
password failed.

Try #1
     public function appauthenticated()
     {
         // attempt to set userdn for passwd
         $user = $GLOBALS['registry']->getAuth();
         $backends['ldap']['params']['userdn'] = 'uid=' . $user .
',ou=addresses,o=antespam.com';
     }

Try #2
     public function pushapp_post()
     {
         // Code to run immediately after the app is successfully
switched to
         // horde
         $user = $GLOBALS['registry']->getAuth();
         $backends['ldap']['params']['userdn'] = 'uid=' . $user .
',ou=addresses,o=antespam.com';
     }

I guess the good news is 'userdn' appeared to be set with the exception
of an empty username.  So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any pointers or suggestion.

--
Andy Dorman
FanMail.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is for the named person's use only.
It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
erroneous transmission. If you receive this message in error, please
immediately destroy it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or
indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.