[horde] Git install issues

Stuart C. Naifeh scnaifeh at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 2 15:30:57 UTC 2013

I'm  trying to install horde from git.  As I understand it from the git
install documentation, I do not need to set up my git install as a separate
pear.  Pear is irrelevant to a pure git install (assuming all php
dependancies have been resolved), right?

The problem I am having is that horde-db-migrate is failing to create the
framework tables (as opposed to the application tables, which are being
created just fine).  The issue seems to be that Horde/Core/Db/Migration.php
is using pear to load package information about each framework that has
database migration requirements, and the call in that file to pear's
fromPackageFile() is failing.  I'm not sure why this is or whether it means
I need to pear-ize my framework directory somehow. The error message from
fromPackageFile() is simply, e.g.:

Parsing of package.xml from file
"/src/horde-git/horde/bin/../../framework/ActiveSync/package.xml" failed

The package.xml file does exist, and is accessible using the path listed,
so I'm not sure what the parser is choking on.

Can anyone help?