[horde] User and authentication problems

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Aug 6 12:51:20 UTC 2013

Zitat von info at netfast.biz:

> I thought I had this figured out with some hacks to the code, but
> what I did isn't working so I am back to trying to get this working via
> the GUI admin config.
>
> I want to be able to offer new signups - with
> admin authorisation needed
>
> I want to see a list of users
>
> I want all
> users who signup and who are approved by the admin to be authorised for
> imp as well as horde.
>
> The problems I am having are:
>
> 1) even though
> new signups are allowed is true, horde is disabling them for some
> reason. This is for horde/imp authentication as well as IMAP
> authentication. It is only when I try sql authentication, can I see the
> signup link and use signups.

This is because the other authentication methods don't support adding users.

> 2) If I use horde / imp as
> authentication, or imap server for authentication, I am not able to see
> a list of users, and the email I receive as admin to approve new signups
> (I still have to hack - comment out some php that is not working
> properly - it forces a redirect from signup page to login page with an
> error message
>
> that signups are not allowed!) - when I click on the
> approve link, I get a bank page, and cannot login as the new user. This
> is for horde/imp authentication as well as IMAP authentication. It is
> only when I try sql authentication, can I see the list of users.

See above.

> So,
> my question is:
>
> Given what I want to be able to do with the Horde
> Groupware 5.1.1 Webmail edition - fully updated to Horde 5.1.2 and
> Horde_Core 2.6.4,
>
> my quesions are:
>
> I.) what authentication method
> should I use:
>
> a.) let horde handle authentication with imp chosen?
>

> b.) IMAP authentication? 5If this is the best choice, do I need to se
> IMAP server hostname to localhost, or mail.domùain.com , o the IP? What
> works best?
>
> c.) try some sql authentication ?

c.

> II.) how to get horde
> to dispaly signup and forgot password properly (not using a hack -
> unless that is the only way. Isn't setting it to true enough?)?

> installed his properly I believe following instructions using normal
> pear.horde.org channel, Everything is updated. I am running up-to-date
> debian wheezy. I installed it in /var/www/horde - and pear is in the
> normal location. I am running postfix and dovecot and IspConfig3.
>
> Any
> help is appreciated. I can't believe that this is allegedly a product
> that works - since I haven't gotten it to work at all unless I use sql
> authentication directly into the IspConfig3 db, and I FIRST setup the
> email mailbox inside IspConfig3, AND the password I set up for the email
> mailbox in IspConfig3 is the same as the one the new user uses when
> registering - which is an impossible situation. I would prefer to not
> use IspConfig3 mailboxes at all, thus I try to get horde/imp or IMAP
> authentication working - but it just doesn't work.

No idea how ISPConfig works, but if you want to combine signups with
IMAP, you need some IMAP authentication backend that automatically
create mailboxes for authenticated users.
Or you need to write a custom authentication driver that supports ISPConfig.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project