[horde] "Purge Deleted" action in Dynamic view does not refresh the message list

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Wed Aug 7 16:23:14 UTC 2013

On 08/07/2013 09:29 AM, delfreoa at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
> My version of horde is:
> Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.1.1
> I have the same problem described in the following ticket
> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/11143
>
> If I delete a message in a folder and then go to Other ->  "Purge
> Deleted", the list of messages is not updated, then if I click to
> "refresh" and the list of messages is updated.
>
> How can I fix this?
>
> Thanks for your support
> Alessandro

In our system we "fixed" it by setting our imp/prefs.local.php with the
settings below.

// move deleted messages to a trash mailbox instead of just marking
// them as deleted
$_prefs['use_trash']['value'] = 1;

// display the 'Empty Trash' link in the menubar
$_prefs['empty_trash_menu']['value'] = 1;

You will also want to set up your configuration to automatically create
a "Trash" folder for new users and then empty it by default perhaps
every 30 days.  I forget where you can find those settings.

Moving deleted email to a Trash folder also has another beneficial
effect in addition to keeping your inbox clear of deleted email.

It makes it easier to manage disk/mail quotas.  With our old system that
would hide the deleted email (but they are still there taking up space)
we would have people that had maxed out their disk/mail quota with 7
emails showing in their inbox.  They had forgotten that they still had
thousands of deleted, hidden emails that had not been purged.

Hope this helps.

--
Andy Dorman