[horde] PEAR upgrade missed schema updates

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Tue Aug 13 16:40:21 UTC 2013

Hi Jan,

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
> Zitat von "Jens-U. Mozdzen" <jmozdzen at nde.ag>:
>> Why didn't the schema update run during PEAR upgrade,
>
> Because that's not possible technically.

ok, didn't know that - I'm not too deep into PHP/PEAR.

>> and why didn't I get warnings about missing schema updates in the
>> configuration panel? I recall having seen similar problem reports
>> on the list during the last months, is there a general problem with
>> schema updates via PEAR?
>
> Probably because you have a broken data_dir PEAR setting in the
> configuration that your web server uses.

Yes, that was it.

May I ask you to include a change similar to the following for
$webdir/test.php, to display to effective setting of data_dir? That
way one can easily check & compare:

--- cut here ---
# diff -C5 test.php.dist test.php
*** test.php.dist       Tue Aug 13 18:34:33 2013
--- test.php    Tue Aug 13 18:31:51 2013
***************
*** 224,233 ****
--- 224,238 ----
   </ul>

   <h1>PEAR</h1>
   <ul>
       <?php echo $pear_output ?>
+     <li>data_dir: <?php
+ require_once 'PEAR/Config.php';
+ $pear_config = PEAR_Config::singleton();
+ echo $pear_config->get('data_dir', null, 'pear.horde.org')
+ ?></li>
   </ul>

   <?php

   /* Do application specifc tests now. */
--- cut here ---

A second helpful change would be some plausibility test when
generating the admin's configuration overview page (where the DB
status are checked/displayed): If there's no "Horde_Core" subdirectory
in PEAR's data_dir, then the value obviously is wrong. You then could
output some hint, instead of reporting "up to date" schemata.

Regards,
Jens