[horde] Fwd: Mail sent from imp is empty after recent pear upgrade

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Mon Aug 26 05:31:10 UTC 2013

----- Message from Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> ---------
    Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 21:45:22 -0600
    From: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
Subject: Re: [horde] Fwd: Mail sent from imp is empty after recent
pear upgrade
      To: horde at lists.horde.org

> Quoting Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:
>
>> ----- Message from Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> ---------
>>   Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 12:39:37 -0600
>>   From: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
>> Subject: Re: [horde] Fwd: Mail sent from imp is empty after recent
>> pear upgrade
>>     To: horde at lists.horde.org

>>> Not very helpful.  2.2.4 uses the old broken Net_SMTP library.
>>> 2.2.5 uses the new Horde_Smtp library.  So that pretty much just
>>> states the obvious.
>>>
>>> The question is where is this breaking for people.  I don't see
>>> any problems (this message is being sent with Horde_Smtp).  And
>>> all of the unit tests pass.
>>>
>>> michael
>>
>> Michael,
>>
>> Definition of whether it is helpful or not really depends on point
>> of view :) Whilst it may not be helpful for you in fixing the
>> underlying cause (i.e. resolve the *problem*), reverting to 2.2.4
>> has obviously helped a few people recover broken email since
>> Horde_Mime-2.2.5 was installed (so for them it has resolved the
>> *incident*).
>
> But 2.2.4 is going to break you being able to upgrade anything
> within the next day or two most likely.  And it does nothing to help
> us find the root of the issue.
>
> There was just a bunch of people who kept saying the same thing over
> and over.  Not that useful.  Just letting people know that 2.2.5
> works fine for at least some people, so we need something more than
> "this doesn't work for me" or nothing it going to get fixed (since
> there is currently nothing to fix from my perspective).
>
> michael

I hear you - but given the choice between not being able to upgrade
for a few days and not being able to send email, it's not a hard
choice - for now. :)

When I get some time and I can do so without impacting my demanding
(family!) users I will apply the (possible) fix and report back on
results.

Simon.

--
Simon Wilson