[horde] Error connecting to smtp server

XG41 witscher at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 05:16:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

After upgrading imp 6.1.4 I am unable to send email. I get this error message. I haven't changed anything other than to upgrade all upgradable packages. Using Ubuntu LTS.

I seem to recall someone mentioning a similar problem but can't seem to find the message. Has anyone else had this issue? Any help would be appreciated.

2013-08-28T05:11:00+00:00 ERR: HORDE [imp] Error connecting to SMTP server. [0] php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known [pid 13963 on line 1064 of "/var/www/horde/imp/lib/Compose.php"]

TIA
Gary