[horde] Error connecting to smtp server

XG41 witscher at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 04:22:12 UTC 2013

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 00:07:36 -0600
Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting XG41 <witscher at gmail.com>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > After upgrading imp 6.1.4 I am unable to send email. I get this
> > error message. I haven't changed anything other than to upgrade all
> > upgradable packages. Using Ubuntu LTS.
> >
> > I seem to recall someone mentioning a similar problem but can't seem
> > to find the message. Has anyone else had this issue? Any help would
> > be appreciated.
> >

> > 2013-08-28T05:11:00+00:00 ERR: HORDE [imp] Error connecting to SMTP
> > server. [0] php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or
> > service not known [pid 13963 on line 1064 of
> > "/var/www/horde/imp/lib/Compose.php"]
>
> I would double check your SMTP host settings.  Or temporarily convert
> your SMTP host to an IP address (maybe a DNS resolving issue?).
>
> michael

Thanks for the suggestions, Michael. I'm using smtp.gmail.com for smtp, have been for as long as I've been using horde. The settings haven't changed, and I'm still getting the same error.

Am I supposed to install horde_smtp, never have before?

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

TIA,
Gary