[horde] Samsung email reply text position

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Sep 6 13:25:30 UTC 2013

Quoting Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:

> Thanks Mike, it now places reply text where the pref tells it to. So
> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/12636 does fix this for me. Makes reply
> emails from the S4 actually readable - thank you! :)
>
> It still does some kooky stuff with quoting: Plaintext Version of Message:
>
> <<Start email>>
> Reply text here.
>

> Sent from Samsung Mobile

The "> On 06/09/2013, at 9:59 PM, simon <simon at simonandkate.net>
wrote:" text is added by Horde code when the request is sent as a
SMART_REPLY (only the new text is sent, the quoted text is fetched
from the server). Not sure why the S4 doesn't include it, since the if
the pref affects the positioning of the reply text, it's certainly
using a SMART_REPLY.  Some clients send the attribution text along
with the smart reply and some do not, so sometimes you will see two
lines containing something like "simon wrote:".
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org