[horde] Activesync auth problems with GIT since X.509 certificate commit ?

Tomi Orava Tomi.Orava at ncircle.nullnet.fi
Mon Sep 9 16:59:19 UTC 2013

Quoting Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

> On 9 Sep 2013 18:14, "Tomi Orava" <Tomi.Orava at ncircle.nullnet.fi> wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Has anyone else seen authentication problems with mobile devices (android
> & wp8) after the commit:
>>
>> commit fe9ec485c31bef4566f6451c9aafd8c780c41cd9
>> Author: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
>> Date:   Sat Aug 31 15:07:17 2013 -0400
>>
>>     Fully support X509 certificates for ActiveSync.
>>
>>     Allow separate configuration for ActiveSync Authentication methods.
>>     Emulates Exchange server's ability to accept either: HTTP Basic only,
>>     client certificate only, or to require both HTTP Basic AND client
>>     certificates. If configured to require both, horde-wide Auth driver
>>     is used to authenticate using the HTTP Basic credentials, and the
>>     X509 driver is used to to authenticate with the client certificate.
>>     Obviously requires webserver config/support for the certificates.
>>

>> The Web interface works just fine with the imap login auth, but it seems
>> that I'm missing something from the configuration as none of the mobile
>> devices are able to login anymore (I'm using private certificate with my
>> own ca certificate).
>
> Yes, I'm having such an issue too.  Also using a self-signed cert.
>
>> Everything is back to normal if I revert back to the previous commit.
>
> I haven't tried that.  As a git newbie could someone give me a hint how to
> do it for troubleshooting purposes?

I used "git log" to check for suitable commits that might be related
and then ran "git checkout fe9ec485c31bef4566f6451c9aafd8c780c41cd9".
You can get back to master by running "git checkout master" or such.

The above commands are certainly not the most elegant way to try to find
the problematic commits, but they should anyway get the job done.

Tomi O.