[horde] Activesync auth problems with GIT since X.509 certificate commit ?

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Sep 9 18:29:02 UTC 2013

Quoting Tomi Orava <Tomi.Orava at ncircle.nullnet.fi>:

> On 09/09/2013 08:56 PM, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:
>> Moving back to the list after receiving config.
>>
>> Quoting Tomi Orava <Tomi.Orava at ncircle.nullnet.fi>:

>>> The only logs are:
>>>
>>> 2013-09-09T20:14:31+03:00 DEBUG: HORDE [horde] Load config file
>>> (conf.php; app: horde) [pid 18319 on line 409 of
>>> "/usr/local/share/git/horde/framework/Core/lib/Horde.php"]
>>> 2013-09-09T20:14:31+03:00 NOTICE: HORDE [horde] Login failed from
>>> ActiveSync client for user kaisa. [pid 18319 on line 567 of
>>> "/usr/local/share/git/horde/framework/ActiveSync/lib/Horde/ActiveSync.php"]
>>> 2013-09-09T20:14:31+03:00 DEBUG: HORDE [horde] Max memory usage:
>>> 22282240 bytes [pid 18319 on line 566 of
>>> "/usr/local/share/git/horde/framework/Core/lib/Horde/Registry.php"]
>>> 2013-09-09T20:14:32+03:00 DEBUG: HORDE Load config file (conf.php;
>>> app: horde) [pid 19382 on line 409 of
>>> "/usr/local/share/git/horde/framework/Core/lib/Horde.php"]
>>>

>>> Ok, now when you mention about it ...
>>> Yes, you can't access my horde installation without
>>> username & password (basic authentication), except these files:
>>>
>>>         <Files rpc.php>
>>>             Order Allow,Deny
>>>             Allow from all
>>>             Satisfy Any
>>>         </Files>
>>>
>>>         <Files fb.php>
>>>             Order Allow,Deny
>>>             Allow from all
>>>             Satisfy Any
>>>         </Files>
>>>
>>> This has never caused any problems in here, though.
>>
>> This shouldn't matter, as far as activesync goes. rpc.php is the
>> only page it interfaces with.
>>

>>> I'm using the EAS 14.1 and using Nexus 7, Galaxy S3 and Lumia 820
>>> all with the latest firmwares.
>>>
>>> If I take the X509 commit into use, none of those is able to login
>>> via activesync, normal web pages work just fine though (as they should).
>>>
>>> The horde authentication system is using imap server for password checking
>>> (cyrus imapd), in case this matters.
>>
>> Do you see the authentication attempt in the imap server log?
>
> No, normal https logins work fine, but according to imap debug log,
> none of the activesync connections ever reach to the imap login phase at all.

Since I can't reproduce this, you are going to have to track down the
failure point. In Horde_Core_ActiveSync_Driver::authenticate, your
failing the conditional on line 196/197. You need to figure out why.

Based on what you told me, $this->_auth should be a
Horde_Core_ActiveSync_Auth:: object with a Horde_Auth_Imap:: object
set as the 'base_driver' parameter. You can use Horde::debug() to
verify this.

Based on the config you sent me you are running git master, so
$conf['activesync']['auth']['type'] should indeed be empty, so the
code should be calling $this->_auth->authenticate(), which since you
are not using X.509, should pass the call to the imap authentication
driver.

Check the $username and $password variables with Horde::debug() to be
sure they contain the values you expect.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org