[horde] VFS inoperable when changing from SQL to NoSQL driver

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Wed Sep 11 10:56:35 UTC 2013

I tried switching from SQL to NoSQL for the Virtual File Storage. In
the Virtual File Storage Settings I changed the $conf[vfs][type] from
'SQL database' to 'NoSQL database' (which propagated to
config/conf.php, where the value changed from 'Sql' to 'Nosql'). But
whatever I try, I can't seem to get this to work. When attempting to
upload a 1 MB attachment in a new message (which takes about 10
seconds with the SQL backend), even after waiting several minutes,
uploading is not finished. Switching back to SQL database again and it
works again.

NoSQL seems to be working for IMP though, since when I look in the
phpMoAdmin what is happening, I can see that
horde_imap_client_cache_{data,mesagge,metadata} exist (and are
growing). But I would expect something like a horde_vfs_{something}
too, but there isn't. Did I miss a step when changing from SQL to
NoSQL? This is with the latest packages from PEAR.