[horde] webmail edition using some tutorial thing Re: (no subject)

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Thu Sep 12 07:07:43 UTC 2013

Hi Mike,

On 11.09.2013 21:40, Mike Ryan wrote:
> I used this as the direction pages ( I have used several others) http://www.swapninfoways.com/?p=168
>
> I ran the mysql script found in /usr/share/php/data/horde/scripts/sql/script.initial_horde_user.sql
> checked the mysql database saw the admin user was added to the horde_users table.
> I can run the test.php the login page comes up but I try to login as admin with admin and the copied password in mysql.
>
> tells me cannot login invalid user/password.
>

> Help how to I get in to test out the system?

The webmail system authenticates against an imap server (normally
connecting to localhost via imap/tls).

If you want to use sql authentication, you need to edit conf.php
accordingly. Best start over with

$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('Administrator');
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'auto';
$conf['auth']['params'] = array('username' => 'Administrator');

which gives you automatic authentication as administrator. Then, go to
wheelgear->administration->configuration, select the "horde" app and
configure via menu.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer