[horde] Horde on a webhosting package

Steven Swarts steven at swartsit.com
Mon Sep 16 15:30:49 UTC 2013

On 16/09/2013 4:44 PM, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Steven Swarts <steven at swartsit.com>:

>>> Use the full path, PHP doesn't expand ~.
>>
>> Tried that too...
>>
>> user at example.com.au [~]#
>> PHP_PEAR_SYSCONF_DIR=/home/example/public_html/horde php -d
>> include_path=/home/example/public_html/horde/pear/php
>> /home/example/public_html/horde/pear/webmail-install
>>
>> Warning: require_once(~/public_html/horde/lib/Application.php):
>> failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
>> /home/example/public_html/horde/pear/webmail-install on line 17
>>
>> Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required
>> '~/public_html/horde/lib/Application.php'
>> (include_path='/home/example/public_html/horde/pear/php') in
>> /home/example/public_html/horde/pear/webmail-install on line 17
>>
>> Still doesn't work
>>
>> Although with all my other commands setting up this horde install I
>> used ~ maybe something is using that in a command?
>
> Yes, it's stored in your pear configuration. Try something like:
>
> pear config-set -c horde horde_dir /home/example/public_html/horde/
>
> Obviously using the correct pear path and flags.

Ok I suck at this apparently :(

I tried this:

pear config-set -c horde horde_dir /home/example/public_html/horde

didn't work, error is - Channel "horde" does not exist

All the commands I used are these:

1) cd public_html/
2) mkdir horde
3) pear config-create ~/public_html/horde/ ~/public_html/horde/pear.conf
4) pear -c ~/public_html/horde/pear.conf install pear
5) ~/public_html/horde/pear/pear -c ~/public_html/horde/pear.conf
channel-discover pear.horde.org
6) ~/public_html/horde/pear/pear -c ~/public_html/horde/pear.conf
install horde/horde_role
7) ~/public_html/horde/pear/pear -c ~/public_html/horde/pear.conf
run-scripts horde/horde_role
8) ~/public_html/horde/pear/pear -c ~/public_html/horde/pear.conf
install -a -B horde/webmail
9) PHP_PEAR_SYSCONF_DIR=/home/example/public_html/horde php -d
include_path=/home/example/public_html/horde/pear/php
/home/example/public_html/horde/pear/webmail-install
10) pear config-set -c horde horde_dir /home/example/public_html/horde
11) /home/example/public_html/horde/pear/pear config-set -c horde
horde_dir /home/example/public_html/horde
12) /home/example/public_html/horde/pear/pear config-set -c
/home/example/public_html/horde/pear.conf horde horde_dir
/home/example/public_html/horde
config-set: only the layers: "user" or "system" are supported

Command 5 says channel discover of pear.horde.org and yet it can't find it?

Hmmm, thought I had it with 11 but that still showed an error same as
before...

Help is very much appreciated thanks Jan

Steve