[horde] Horde & eMClient Contact Sync Issue

Pine A pinemail11 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 18:02:06 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 9:20 PM, Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>wrote:

> Quoting Pine A <pinemail11 at gmail.com>:
>
>  On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 6:02 PM, George Wilson <wilson at emclient.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Hello,
>>>
>>> I am happy to inform you that we finally moved on and finished the Horde
>>> contacts synchronization analysis. Below please see my colleagues answer:
>>>
>>> "The problem with no contacts syncing into eM Client is caused by invalid
>>> values of some of the event's properties.
>>> E.g. the BYDAY iCalendar property has an empty value in every iCalendar
>>> downloaded from the server, which is not valid according the RFC.
>>> The horde's shouldn't include properties when they have no value.
>>>
>>> We have added a workaround to cope with the empty values, but this should
>>> be fixed on the server as well."
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> George Wilson
>>> eM Client
>>>

>>> Here is issue reported earlier
>>>
>> http://lists.horde.org/**archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-**
>> 20130610/048068.html<http://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20130610/048068.html>
>>
>> http://forum.emclient.com/**emclient/topics/carddav_**
>> server_contacts_not_showing_**in_em_but_when_we_create_**
>> contact_on_em_it_is_getting_**synced_on_carddav<http://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/carddav_server_contacts_not_showing_in_em_but_when_we_create_contact_on_em_it_is_getting_synced_on_carddav>
>>
>> Look like emClient is able to point out to somthing which is being
>> claimed,
>> should be fixed from Horde side, as mentioned here.
>>

> The don't mention anything about *what* the problem was though.

> --
> mike

I thought url would be good pointer for old case :)

Nevermind, here is the case discussed earlier

*So far so good on Android tablets both Card DAV and CalDAV. I tried on  eM
client ( emclient.com) pretty good alternate to M$ outlook with  CalDAV and
CardDAV.  Able to configure CardDAV on eM, when I create contact in eM, it
is not showing up there but on horde ( web ) I am able to see
those contacts. CalDAV - I am able to sync both ways.*

*Any pointers ?
*

*Pine A
*

*Any errors, logs, wire traces?
*

*Jan Schneider
*

*I have fetched below error log from eMclient operations tab: "
[CalDAV / CardDAV] failed get access control list. (Multi-Status)." I
have attached the synchronization logs from eMclient.*

*https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3ZfQl79kOPfb05pZ3gwcVNyNGc/edit?usp=s
*

*Regards,
*

*Pine A
*

*All that is shows is a successful contacts synchronization. There is
no attempt to write contacts back to the server at all.
*

*Jan Schneider *

Regards,

Pine A