[horde] Any Advice for a Newbie ..?

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Oct 2 13:01:56 UTC 2013

Quoting John McIntyre <joh98.mac at gmail.com>:

> Thank you, I got it working!  Wow, am I a happy guy!
>
> Just one thing.. are users the UNIX users, or is it like MySQL where MySQL
> users and system users are completely separate?
>
> I can login, my partner can login, but someone with a UNIX system account
> cannot login.  If I look at 'Users' in the global configuration, it says my
> authentication method won't let me see the userlist.

Horde supports numerous authentication backends. The "webmail" bundle
that you installed is configured by default to delegate authentication
to the IMP application, which in turn uses the IMAP server's user
database. User management would need to be done on the IMAP side. If
you want to manage users from Horde, you would need to configure Horde
and the IMAP server to both talk to the same user database.
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org