[horde] ActiveSync and Windows 8 Mail App

jonas at ryser.org jonas at ryser.org
Tue Oct 8 08:27:32 UTC 2013

Zitat von Andreas Schulze <sca at andreasschulze.de>:

> Am 07.10.2013 10:16 schrieb Jonas Ryser:
>> When I try to add the ActiveSync Account to the Windows 8 Apps
> how do you do this?
>
> I'm allways prompted to first create a microsoft account which I
>  - don't have and
>  - don't want to use

I think you have to create a Microsoft account first - you'll need one
anyway to download apps from the MS-Store, to activate MS Office, ...
Once you have configured the outlook.com account you can add an
activesync account to the mail app and then delete the outlook.com
one. Maybe that will change in Windows 8.1 final, there will be a new
mail app, we'll see.

Regards,
Jonas