[horde] Problems with SoGo Connector and Funambol

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Wed Oct 9 12:10:53 UTC 2013

Am 09.10.2013 11:29, schrieb Robert Schetterer:
> Am 09.10.2013 10:49, schrieb Hanns Mattes:
>> Hi,
>
>> Am 07.10.2013 21:41, schrieb Dominik Erdmann:
>>>

>>> [Addresses with Horde and Thunderbird] Sorry for the imprecise
>>> description. First I used Sogo Connector (CardDAV). Because I
>>> observed some issues with CardDAV I tried Funambol (SyncML)
>>> with a new address book in Thunderbird. I'm searching for a
>>> solution to sync my contacts from Horde to Thunderbird. Does
>>> someone observed the same issues or is it a self-made problem?
>>> Currently I'm using Sogo Connector only to read the data from
>>> Horde. But edit the data only in Horde. But this is not very
>>> comfortable.
>
>> From my experience there is no satisfying solution with
>> thunderbird yet. I don't want to blame anyone of the guys
>> developing thunderbird, but the Addressbook is kind of a joke.
>> For some reason, there seems to be more interest in integrating
>> a chat-client then a working implementation of
>> carddav/ldap(read/write)/activesync/whatever for the
>> addressbook.
>
>> Just my 2 cent.
>
>> Hanns
>

> the most Problem is , there is no thunderbird 24 plugin out yet
>
> see https://maurus.net/resources/funambol/
>
> however TB funambol Adressbook did not work perfect, but "good
> enough" for me since years
>
> i am ending my brand new horde 5 setup yesterday , and will try
> and test client stuff now , stay tuned for results
>
> Best Regards MfG Robert Schetterer

short tests

with
latest sogo plugin from
http://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/
with Horde latest stable , Tb 24 ,results in , youre right
at the moment sogo only works partly with carddav ( Turba ), lets hope
on an funambol update meanwhile.

at tests i ve seen no errors in Tb error console or apache logs, next
thing might debug the horde side what might fail there

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

- --
[*] sys4 AG