[horde] Adding ICS-File to calendar not working

robert at gmx.li robert at gmx.li
Thu Oct 10 14:50:36 UTC 2013

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 10. Oktober 2013 um 16:20 Uhr
Von: "Michael J Rubinsky" <mrubinsk at horde.org>
An: horde at lists.horde.org
Betreff: Re: [horde] Adding ICS-File to calendar not working
Quoting robert at gmx.li:

> ----- Message from Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> ---------
> Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 10:02:14 -0400
> From: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
> Subject: Re: [horde] Adding ICS-File to calendar not working
> To: horde at lists.horde.org
>

>> Quoting robert at gmx.li:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> i received an ics file as attachement (from outlook). When i choose
>>> "Actions: Add to my calendar" i receive an error:
>>>
>>> There was an error importing the event: Unsupported Content-Type:
>>> application/octet-stream
>>> ×
>>> This action is not supported.
>>>
>>> Any hints?
>>
>> Sounds like the browser is reporting an incorrect file type for the
>> ics file.
>

> I tried with chrome, firefox, internet explorer from 2 different
> pcs, so i do not think it is a problem client-side.
>
> Also the ics file looks fine, i can import it correctly via active
> sync from my mobile.

Can you provide an example .ics file that exhibits this behavior?

I think i found the problem, horde/kronolith and the ics-file are note to blame. The Mail it was attached to was forwarded to me by a "special" Mailclient (X-Mailer: DvISE by Tobit Software, Germany (), Mime Converter 101.20) I am pretty sure that messed-up the message somhow.

robert