[horde] Questions related to change ldap password from horde

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Tue Oct 22 20:40:40 UTC 2013

On 10/22/2013 01:41 PM, Andreas Schulze wrote:
> Am 22.10.2013 09:09 schrieb sovannaroth:
>> Anyone could help me?
>
> I also looked how to bring horde/passwd and ldap together.
> I found horde/passwd/lib/Driver/Ldap.php, line 108:
>    "@todo Fix finding the user DN."
>
> There is currently no code implemented to search a dn for a given userid.
> Thats the main problem. I personally could test but not write such code.
>
> Andreas

The settings below works for us in passwd - backends.local.php

$backends['ldap'] = array(
     'disabled' => false,
     'driver' => 'ldap',
     'logout' => true,
     'name' => 'FanMailPlus',
     'params' => array(
         'host' => 'ldap.ironicdesign.com',
         'port' => 389,
         'basedn' => 'ou=addresses,o=antespam.com',
         // LDAP object key attribute.
         'uid' => 'uid',
         // The attribute storing the password.
         'attribute' => 'userPassword',
         // These attributes will enable shadow password policies.
         // 'shadowlastchange' => 'shadowLastChange',
         // 'shadowmin' => 'shadowMin',
         // This will be appended to the username when looking for the
userdn.
         'realm' => '',
         // Use this filter when searching for the user's DN.
         'filter' => '',
         // Hash method to use when storing the password
         'encryption' => 'plain',
         // Whether to enable TLS for this LDAP connection
         // Note: make sure that the host matches cn in the server
certificate.
         'tls' => false,
         // Determine the user's DN. %u will be replaced by the user's ID.
         'userdn' => 'uid=%u,ou=addresses,o=antespam.com'
     ),
     'policy' => array(
         'minLength' => 8,
         'minNumeric' => 1,
         'maxLength' => 128
     ),
     'preferred' => '',
);

I realize passwd backends.php says "NOTE: to set the ldap userdn, see
horde/config/hooks.php", but at least for us the %u works fine in the
passwd backends.local.php file and we did not need to enable anything in
hooks.php.

--
Andy Dorman