[horde] Adding a fourth email address?

Mehmet Giritli mgiritli at giritli.eu
Wed Oct 23 10:14:29 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-10-20 at 17:33 +0300, Mehmet Giritli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In GNOME's evolution mail client, there is a possibility of using four
> email addresses at the most. Each of them could be of type home, work or
> other.
>
> In horde, if I am not missing anything, you can use a maximum of 3
> emails, one of each of the above types. Is there a way to add an
> additional fourth email address field to the horde in sql database
> addressbooks? And then make this also available in carddav so that it
> can be used by clients like evolution?
>
> It would be perfectly fine (at least for me) to add a fourth field like
> other2Email rather than implementing something like what evolution
> provides (four emails, each from *any* of the three types)...
>
> Thanks in advance.

I managed to configure horde by adding an extra column in the
turba_objects table and did other tricks to make horde use this new
email field. Its all working fine withing horde. Only thing I need to
know now is how to send this new field's data over carddav. Is there a
place in turba/horde sources I can hack and manage carddav mappings of
attributes?